One of the most cringe-worthy topics!!! But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Having, active enjoyable and healthy sex is an important part of life for many people, young, old, middle aged, whether heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual and from every race and colour.
Looking after your sexual health is an essential part of an enjoyable sex life. This section of the site gives you general information to help you look after your sexual health.
- The age of consent in Ireland is 17 – for everyone!
- ‘Pulling out’ or going to the loo straight after sex does not prevent pregnancy.
- STI testing is FREE and available in Waterford.
- Condoms are not the only form of contraception… You also have the Pill, the Implant and, of course, Abstinence… Among many more.
- A Dual Protection approach to contraception gives the best protection against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Have a browse of this page to learn a bit more and see what supports are available in Waterford.