What is bullying?
Bullying is when someone is repeatedly picked on and treated unfairly by another person or group. It can take the place of Physical, Verbal, Social, Psychological, or Cyber bullying. Everyone has the right to carry on with their lives free from bullying and harassment, yet many people have to go through this every day.
Types of bullying?
- Physical– physical bullying can include being punched, kicked, and can also include sexual abuse.
- Verbal– verbal bullying includes name-calling, threats, and put-downs.
- Social– being left out, ignored, or having rumors being spread around about you. It can be one of the hardest forms of bullying to recognize.
- Psychological– this is intimidation, mean looks, manipulation. It can also be hard to recognize. It can almost seem as if it’s all in your head.
- Cyber– being bullied through social media, text, and email. This is the newest form of bullying and can often be hard to escape because of the large presence the internet has in our lives.
How do you deal with bullying?
Remember, if you are being bullied, you are not alone. Help is available everywhere. No matter what type of bullying, no matter how much, it’s important that you talk about the problem with someone you trust. If you know that someone is being bullied, it is very important that you report it to someone. You will be making someone’s life better.